In 2023, Sammy will be transitioning to her very own private practice in Dallas called Rising Up Nutrition! We are so incredibly excited for her & know she will continue to make a huge impact on teens & families affected by eating disorders in the DFW area as well as Texas! Check her out at risingupnutrition.com.
Sammy is a Registered Dietitian licensed in the state of Texas with a Master in Clinical Nutrition from UT Southwestern in Dallas, TX. Upon graduation, Sammy hit the ground running to start learning everything she could about eating disorders, disordered eating, and Intuitive Eating. In January 2021, she accepted a position at Eating Recovery Center in Dallas, working with adults, teens, and their families at the inpatient, residential, and PHP levels of care. She also has experience in providing outpatient nutrition therapy for disordered eating, chronic dieting, and Intuitive Eating in the private practice setting. We are so excited for her to complete her Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor designation in the near future!
“I strive to provide a weight-inclusive, non-diet environment with a focus on intuitive eating and health-promoting behaviors. I know diets don’t work and refuse to give in to the societal stress of diet culture. Therefore, my work focuses on helping clients re-engage with their own internal cues, learn to trust and respect their body, and understand with gentle nutrition how to nourish their body . Most importantly, I want you to learn to enjoy food again! I know this process can be scary, and you aren’t alone. Let’s do it together!”
Sammy specializes in:
- Eating disorders, including (but not limited to) Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED, & ARFID
- Intuitive Eating
- Disordered eating
- Chronic dieting
get to know me
SAMMY BELIEVES IN…
- Weight-inclusivity / weight-neutral care
- Utilizing the principles of Intuitive Eating & providing care through a Health at Every Size® lens
- “All Food Fit” mentality (there are no such thing as “good” foods or “bad” foods!) and anti-diet stance
- Our bodies, minds and souls, were created uniquely on purpose.
- Caring for your body with grace & trust is a brave step to achieving your purpose. We were never meant to be brave alone, and Sammy is so honored & humbled to get to join you on this journey to food freedom & body acceptance!