registered dietitian & ARFID SPECIALIST
Ashley is a Registered Dietitian who obtained her Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from Northern Illinois University. She has interned and worked at multiple eating disorder treatment centers in Illinois, Arizona, and Texas at the inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care. Ashley currently works at Eating Recovery Center seeing both adults and adolescents in higher levels of care. She is passionate about growing as an eating disorder specialist, has completed all of the steps for the Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDS) through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP), and is now just awaiting the approval of her application (wohoo!).
Ashley has worked with clients from all age groups; however, she is especially passionate about working with adolescents and teenagers with eating disorders and their families. Ashley has treated a variety of diagnoses, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, avoidant restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID), and disordered eating. She is especially passionate about ARFID and working with kids and teens with feeding differences. She has co-lead case consultation groups to help other clinicians become more well-versed and confident when it comes to feeding differences their clients may experience.
Ashley provides individual and family counseling as well as meal and snack support. One of her favorite parts of her job is sharing a meal with a client or family! She takes a Health At Every Size® (HAES) approach with all her clients and believes that all foods fit. Ashley values each client’s lived experience and tailors her approach to best suit the client’s needs in that moment. She is excited to start the journey with you to heal your relationship with food.
Ashley’s specialty areas include:
- Adolescents & their families
- Eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and ARFID)
- Disordered eating
- Intuitive Eating
- Health at Every Size® (HAES)
get to know me
- When I’m not doing cool dietitian things, I really enjoy reading (fantasy and mystery).
- My favorite musical artist is Taylor Swift, and I love theorizing about her Easter eggs for fans!
- I adopted my adorable pup, Mona, from Dallas Animal Services almost 3 years ago. She’s the best!
- I love to travel, and the next trip I want to take is to the Oregon coast.