We believe in providing access to affordable, compassionate, and quality care and are proud to be in-network with several health insurance plans.
health Insurance plans ACCEPTED:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
We are currently in-network with:
- BCBS Blue Choice PPO (inclusive of Blue Precision/Blue Options)
- Blue Essentials Provider Network (HMO)
- BCBS Advantage HMO
- Most Anthem plans
For HMO and POS plans, please be aware that your insurance company will require a referral from you primary care physician and/or pediatrician prior to covering services with us. If you have not seen your medical provider in 2022 or even in the past 3-6 months, your provider may require you to come in for an office visit first before making the needed referral to our dietitians. If you have an HMO and/or POS plan, we encourage you to reach out to your primary medical provider ASAP and schedule a visit if it is necessary for you to obtain a referral.
United Healthcare (UHC)
We are currently in-network with:
- UHC Choice/Choice Plus
- UHC Choice/Choice Plus with Harvard Pilgrim
- UHC Charter/Charter Balanced/Charter Plus
- UHC Charter HMO/Charter Balanced HMO/Charter Plus HMO
- UHC Core
- UHC Core Essential EPO
- UHC Core POS
- UHC Core HMO/Core Essentials HMO
- UHC Doctors Plan/Doctors Plan Plus
- UHC Doctors Plan HMO/Doctors Plan Plus HMO
- UHC Heritage Plus
- UHC Heritage Select Advantage - AR, GA, IA, NC, SC, TN
- UHC Heritage Select EPO
- UHC Heritage Select POS/HMO
- UHC Navigate/Navigate Balanced/Navigate Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO/Navigate Balanced HMO/Navigate Plus HMO
- UHC NexusACO OA/OAP/R/RB/RP
- UHC NexusACO R HMO/NexusACO RB HMO/NexusACO RP HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- UHC Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- UHC Passport Connect Choice/Passport Connect Choice Plus
Please note that all HMO plans along with most EPO and POS plans will require your PCP or pediatrician to complete an insurance referral in order for insurance to cover our services. If you have not seen your primary care provider in 2022, or you have not seen them in the past 3-6 months, we strongly encourage you to contact their office to initiate the referral process and ensure you do not need an appointment with them first in order to obtain this referral.
We are currently in-network with the following plans:
- Dallas Select
- North TX HMO
- North TX HMO POS SEAMLESS
- North Texas
- North Texas POS SEAMLESS
- Open Access Plus (TX)
- Open Access Plus with CareLink (TX)
- PPO (TX)
All of our providers at Seeds Nutrition Counseling are expected to be IN-NETWORK with Aetna by the middle to end of June 2023!
What if you are not in-network with my insurance?
If we are out-of-network with your insurance provider, we strongly encourage you to still call the Member Services phone number on the back of your insurance card and check to see if you have any out-of-network benefits. Often times insurance plans will cover a good portion of nutrition therapy services even if out-of-network.
If this is the case, we will collect full payment for sessions at the time of service, and then a Superbill (receipt for insurance) will be provided to you to submit to your insurance company. Most companies allow you to submit this electronically now and reimbursement usually takes a few days to a few weeks.
Your insurance company may also be willing to consider approving something called a "Single Case Agreement" (or "SCA" for short). Please reach out to your health insurance company directly and/or your Human Resources department (if your insurance is through your employer) to see what options might be available and the criteria required.
Our providers also offer "cash-pay", "self-pay" or "prompt pay" discounts (please note: we cannot provide Superbills for insurance reimbursement on these reduced-fee services due to insurance regulations) in addition to a limited number of sliding scale spots for those experiencing financial hardship.
Even if we are out-of-network with your specific insurance plan, your plan might reimburse you for some or all of the cost. Upon request, we will happily provide a superbill that you can then submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement. Payment for for your dietitian visit is due at the time of service.
Questions to ask your insurance company:
- Is nutrition counseling covered under this plan (CPT codes 97802, 97803, and 97804)?
- Is a referral or prior authorization needed for visits to be covered?
- Is nutrition counseling covered when provided via telehealth? If so, is there an end date to telehealth sessions being covered under my plan?
- How many visits are covered?
- Is there a deductible that must be met before insurance pays anything towards these visits?
- Is there a copay or coinsurance?
- Is Amy Williamson, RDN, LD (NPI 1396217683) and/or Seeds Nutrition Counseling (NPI 1598390874) covered as in-network under my plan? If not, what are my out-of-network benefits?
- Write down the date, time, and reference number for the call for your records. This helps ensure that you get the most of your insurance benefits and avoid any surprise bills (always a good thing!).
Insurance coverage varies greatly between different insurance companies and different plans. If your insurance declines your visit(s) for any reason, you will then be responsible for the full amount.